As if you needed another reason to make regular beer pilgrimages to the Tampa area.
In the category of “… and with a Cherry on Top …”, Cigar City Brewing has announced their soon-to-be-established El Catador Club!
El Catador Club is a special members-only club that guarantees you barrel-aged bottled releases as well as advanced access to purchase other special bottles.
Some of the particulars about the benefits of becoming a member:
• Membership guarantees you to one bottle of 5 barrel-aged beers to be released periodically over the course of your membership;
• This membership does NOT have a set time period; membership concludes 30 days after the release of the 5th and final bottle. You will have first of refusal for the second installment of El Catador Club;
• None of the beers are determined yet, but ONE will be a barrel-aged variant of Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout!;
• Depending on the yield from each batch, there is potential for purchasing additional bottles for each member. This will only be determined when that beer is ready to be released to the club;
• You will have advance notice of other beer releases and the chance to purchase these bottles before non-club members;
• Other perks include an El Catador Club t-shirt, a membership card, 10% off all purchases in the tasting room, potential for advanced access to ticketed events and possibly members-only special beers on tap or available in growlers in the tasting room.
Bottles will need to be picked up in Cigar City’s Tasting room but they WILL allow trustees to pick up for others.
Let’s see … I-95 … to I-4 … to I-275 …